
I finally finished piecing all of the 120 half rings together and removing the paper. The next step was to cut 60 of the off-white center that will join the rings.

The rings were then sewn to the center piece. Curved piecing isn't as difficult as it may appear. It does take some time to get used to easing the curves together, but if your pieces are cut correctly they will usuall fit together rather easily. Pinning is critical here if you are not going to baste. ( I never do). Your pins should be placed perpendicular to the seam line so that your needle can glide over them and you do not have to stop to remove them as you are working.

A half moon becomes a full circle and the quilt is now beginning to take shape. The next phase will be to add the -patch piece that joins the circles end to end. I will be making 6 rows consisting of 5 circles and four 4-patch pieces to join them. I am getting really excited about finishing this quilt. I will probably pull a few all nighters to get the top completed. I will keep you informed.
No comments:
Post a Comment