I was given t-shirts, pillow cases, sheets, sports jerseys, sports shorts, and jackets with patches. It was a little more difficult than making a true t-shirt quilt because the items that would make up the quilt tops were all different sizes. If you have ever seen a t-shirt quilt before, the shirts are often cut into the same size to make it easier to put them together. But as is usual for me, nothing is ever that easy.
So I began by cutting out the logos and other designs that would make up the quilt tops. I then laid them out on my living room floor to determine a design pattern and the size of the quilts.
The girls quilt was easier because the pieces were larger and in most cases close to the same size. I also did not need to purchase any fabric for the backing because I was given a bed sheet that only needed a small amunt of fabric added to the border. Here is the finished project.
| Girls Quilt |
The boys quilt was a little more challenging . The items that I used for the quilt top were all different sizes so it required more work to put them together. I also had to purchase fabric for the backing. I chose a black print so that the pieces would stand out more. On both quilts I chose to quilt in the seams except on the boys quilt where there were patches, I also quilted around them so they would lie flat. Here is the finished boys quilt.
| Boys Quilt |
Wow Linda. These are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lee. I had a lot of fun making them. I am now working on a bride doll, but this one is not crocheted. It is out of fabric and I am trying to duplicate the brides dress. I will post a photo when it is done.
Delete