The quilt on the left is a baby quilt. The person who ordered it (my sister-in-law) wanted something non-traditional. I love making the tumbling block quilt. It is a lot of work because you have to match corners, not just sew through, however the result is so wonderful. After receiving it she said that her husband loved the colors so I thought of making one for them using the same color scheme, but in an adult pattern.
I love to use up left over scraps from other projects to make a one of a kind quilt. I happened to have many of the fabrics left over from the baby quilt so I decided to put them together using various patterns. Making pinwheels is the easiest and it is so versitile. The other patterns were determined by the size of the pieces that I had on hand. I used a black print to border the squares and the backing is blue.
I sent it off to Florida today so they will have it in time for Christmas.
The colors are great in these. I am sure your sister in law loved the one you made her.
ReplyDelete