
This is a photo of the quilt I am making for an October wedding. The bride likes navy & royal blues, and yellow so I chose colors and patterns that go together. It was difficult because I needed to have 9 different fabrics. This quilt is made using the paper piecing process. I first had to cut out the pattern pieces from freezer paper. There were 120 half rings and on each half ring I had to draw the sewing lines for the pieces. Each half ring has nine different fabrics. To create these arcs I needed to cut rectangles from the fabric and then sew them on to the paper pattern.
After sewing the arcs I needed to remove the paper pattern. This proved to be very challenging but I was able to come up with a way to do it without destroying the stitching. I am now ready to cut the remaining pieces that will fill in around the rings. Once I start sewing these pieces together I will really feel like the quiilt is nearing complettion. Right now I still feel a little overwhelmed.
So now the pieces are all ready for the next phase of adding the center of the circle. More photos with the next update.
No comments:
Post a Comment