Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bridal Bliss

I recently completed a crocheted bride doll for a friends daughter. I began the project in January and finished it 2 weeks ago. I was able to take my time and not be rushed. I had forgotten how much I love crocheting!                                                
I usually try to chose a doll with the same hair color as the bride and the flowers are the color of the bridesmaids dresses. In this case the dresses are an eggplant color, but purple is the closest I could find. The style of the hair is determined by whatever the doll comes with. I am not into doing hair styles. Most dolls have an up-do and that is perfect for the way I make my crowns and veils. I crochet a crown and in this case glued sworski crystals on to the front.

I use tulle for the veils just as a real veil would be made. This dress is also adorned with pearl "buttons" down the back of the bodice and on the front at the shoulders. The large bouquet on the table will be used to decorate the box that the doll is wrapped in.
I am looking forward to beginning another doll. I 'll be using a different pattern next time.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and it shows that a lot of time and tender loving care was put into it! I am sure the bride to be will be very happy.

    ReplyDelete