Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Contest Entry

I found a contest in one of my magazines, sponsored by The Alliance for American Quilts. I decided to enter it. The grand prize is a free arm quilting machine. Boy would I love to have one of those! The theme was People, Patterns, and Passion. In a more detailed description they said basically it was anything that goes together.

I found my inspiration in a cooking magazine, and so I named my quilt "Chocolate Covered Strawberries". After all they do go well together!

Entering the contest enabled me to try some techniques that I had not yet explored because the contest entry quiilt was only 16" x 16".

I really enjoyed doing this and it has renewed my passion and given me the drive to start another quilt. This one will be the double wedding ring, a gift for a friends daughter It is very challanging, but I am confident that I can do it.


You can view my quilt and some of the other entries ant the following website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-zfTFrFZCE

1 comment:

  1. Great idea-love the strawberries. enjoyed the video as well. Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete